Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

28 Sept 2020

Death - the final frontier!

As I have mentioned before, I am an avid reader, and enjoy reading not only my Bible, and various theological books, but also a good novel. I especially enjoy a good detective story - trying to figure out  the identity of the perpetrator of the crime involved (usually a murder!). Often, I fail miserably, and it is only in the final chapter that the criminal is exposed! Some of the novels I have read have been real 'cliffhangers', and it has been almost the last page before I discover "whodunnit"!! However, there is one cliffhanger that none of us will ever resolve until we experience it for ourselves - what happens after physical death?

Anyone who has watched, in sadness, as someone close to them has died may wonder about their new existence (if they believe that there is "anything" after physical death, in the first place!). Our hearts may ache to know what they are doing, or where they are. Some appear to have the idea that the after-life is just a continuation of this one. How often have I read, on the pages of Facebook, "birthday anniversary" wishes being sent to someone who died, perhaps many years ago? I even read one 'tribute' (and I have no doubt that that was what was intended) to a mother who had died. I can't recall the exact wording, but the wish was expressed that, now that she and the father who had died many years previously, were able to celebrate their wedding anniversary together, the father would be treating the mother to a nice meal in an Italian restaurant "up there"!

That, I would respectfully suggest, is simply wishful thinking. The Bible clearly teaches that if a person had a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus, the Christ, then that person's spirit is with Him, awaiting that call, and sound of the shofar, to which I referred in the previous post. Awaiting the resurrection if the body as it is instantly transformed into the new body that will be theirs throughout eternity. 

So we do have some clues regarding those who have died, in Jesus. We know that they are enjoying God's presence. Paul, inspired by God the Holy Spirit, writes these words to the early disciples of Jesus in Corinth: "We are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord." (II Cor 5:8; emphasis added).  We also know that they are recognisable, and conscious of their surroundings - just like the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, of whom the Lord Jesus spoke (Luke 16:19-31). We also know that they haven't yet received that perfect body that will be theirs at the Rapture, as stated above.    

There is more that we may know - but that refers to after the Rapture; the seven years of the Tribulation; and the Second Advent when the Lord Jesus will vanquish His enemies. That is yet another topic for another post!  The only other truth that I would share just now is that Father God, in His matchless love and power, has a glorious reunion planned. Then, our eternal rejoicing will truly begin. The last page of the mystery has a very happy ending - if you are in Jesus! If not ... !!!

This is why I so often end a post by urging you to, if you have not already done so, turn to the Lord Jesus, confessing your sinfulness, and your sins; accepting the forgiveness that He gained for you at Calvary; and handing over the reins of your life to Him. It's something I did more than 60 years ago and, although I have let Him down more often than I care to remember, He has never let me down. He won't let you down, either!

No comments: