Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

30 Nov 2020

Demons of addiction

At the moment, during my personal devotions, I am reading through Mark's account of the Gospel. Last week I was reading in chapter 5 - the story about the healing of a demon-possessed man in the country of the Gerasenes: a predominantly Gentile area.

As I read, I sensed that the Lord was speaking to me - not about demon possession, but about demonic influence in certain areas. There are private issues involved that I am not at liberty to share, but what I realised was that at least some of what we refer to as "addictions" are the result of demonic influence - and that such influence is as much in need of being cast out as were the multiple demons that possessed the poor man from the country of the Gerasenes. This realisation (dare I call it a revelation?!) has already caused me to pray differently for some of those who are on my daily prayer list, and who suffer from certain addictions!

However, the Lord continued to speak to me, reminding me of a garden analogy. I may clear a patch of ground, rooting out every single weed, regardless of how small it me be. Yet, if I leave it for just a few weeks, I may be assured that weeds will start to grow again! Whether fresh seed be dropped by birds, or blown in on a breeze, the outcome is guaranteed. I then thought of the words of the Lord Jesus: "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, he passes through waterless places seeking rest; and finding none he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes he finds it swept and put in order. Then he goes and brings seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first." (Luke 11:24-26).

So is there anything that can be done to stop this kind of situation from coming to pass? Thankfully, there is! In the garden, I must immediately plant my clean patch with good, strong, healthy plants - flowers, vegetables, or whatever. They will be established before the unwanted seeds can make an entrance, and the few that do manage to take root, will be starved of nutrition, and be easily removed. So in the spiritual realm. Paul writes to the early disciples of Jesus at Philippi: "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." (Phil 4:8). That's what I must do - fill my mind, my heart, my spirit, with that which is good, and upbuilding, and pleasing to Father God. If I do, then those things that cause me harm, that spoil my testimony, that have a negative effect on my life, will be less likely to take root.

Of course, if I am, myself, a disciple of the Lord Jesus, then I also have the assurance, given by the beloved disciple, John: "Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4). The devil, we must accept, is stronger, and more clever, than you or me. Praise God, however, he is not more powerful than the Lord Jesus, Who dwells in each of His disciples by His Spirit.


P.S. I have wondered, for some days as to whether, or not, I should share this post! However, I realised that someone may read it, who is labouring under an addiction of one sort, or another. It is my prayer that any such will find help here - and, of course, if anyone wishes me to pray for them, then I shall be happy to receive an e-mail (using either the e-mail address from which you received notification of the post or, if you came to the blog from another direction, then using the address at the top) in which you share your own issue(s). Please be assured of total confidentiality.









No comments: