Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

23 May 2020

On eagle's wings.

It is with some regret that I have to confess that I am no ornithologist. If I was, I would have been able to identify the bird that has been soaring over our home these past few days. I suspect that it is a kestrel, or a hawk, but cannot be certain! I am sure, however, that it is not a Golden Eagle. It simply isn't big enough - and I don't think that this area would be a suitable habitat for that most majestic of birds!

The eagle is, of course, mentioned quite often in the written Word of God. From what I can learn, it is an amazing bird. It is, I believe, the only bird that can fly directly towards the sun. It can see a small animal in a field from an amazing height. However, the characteristic that I thought about as I watched that other bird, is the way in which it deals with its young. I am given to understand that, when the parents believe that the young birds are ready to fly, they will push them out of the nest! However, they will also fly under the young birds and, if one is having difficulty, a parent will 'catch' it on its own wing! In teaching its young to fly, it protects them from injury with watchful affection, 

This characteristic of the eagle is referred to in Deuteronomy 32: 11, where we read these words: "Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that flutters over its young, spreading out its wings, catching them, bearing them on its pinions,"  The context of those words is the final song of the great leader of the Children of Israel, Moses. He is showing, here, how YHWH "... gave to the nations their inheritance," (v.8) and that "... Jacob (i.e.Israel) is His allotted heritage." (v.9). 

Under the new, or second, covenant disciples of the Lord Jesus, the Christ (i.e. Messiah), have been grafted on the to root which is Israel (there is no hint of so-called "replacement theology" in the pages of the new covenant!). Read Romans 11 and allow Paul to explain the relationship between Israel and the Church. "... if some of the branches were broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, were grafted in their place to share the richness of the olive tree, do not boast over the branches. If you do boast, remember it is not you that support the root, but the root that supports you. You will say, "Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in." That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast only through faith. So do not become proud, but stand in awe. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will He spare you." (Rom 11:17-21).

"He (the Lord Jesus) was in the world, and the world was made through Him, yet the world knew Him not. He came to His own home, and His own people received Him not. But to all who received Him, who believed in His name, He gave power to become children of God; who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:10-13).

As a disciple of Jesus, I am a child of God. As a child of God, I may know His special care. To claim another couple of promises from the pages of the First Testament: "Underneath are the everlasting arms." (Deut.33:27). "He alone is my Rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken" (Ps.62:6).

Carried; cared for; protected; saved. He is my Certainty in these uncertain times.

No comments: