Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

21 Mar 2020

Shopping, and heaven!

Having returned home early on Thursday morning, it was yesterday before my wife and I felt like going to make some grocery purchases. So, armed with our "Attestation" (the signed paper allowing us to leave the home for specific reasons. Failure to have one leads to a fine of, I believe, 135€ !!) we set off for Leclerc, our local supermarket.

As a food provider, this shop was open, and there were a number of vehicles in the car-park. What was unusual was the queue from the one entrance that was open, and the sign advising customers to maintain a 1 metre distance from other customers! Security personnel were only permitting a certain number of customers to enter - I suspect that the number was based on the number who were exiting the store with their trolleys well filled! Eventually, we were also able to enter - with our single basket!!

I love the old proverbs and adages. Two that have come to mind in recent days are: "Every cloud has a silver lining", and "It's an ill wind that blows no good"! I am discovering that the Covid-19 virus situation is reminding me of so much that is truly important (not that I am suggesting that the virus, and its effects, are not important - especially to those who are being hospitalised, and to those who have already been bereaved!). 

It was as I stood in that queue, waiting to be allowed to enter a supermarket in order to purchase some groceries, and then be obliged to leave, that I found myself thinking of heaven. You see, there will be no queue there. When this mortal body dies, my spirit - the real me - will instantly go to be with the Lord Jesus. And when I am received into His presence, I will not be ushered out again! I shall be with Him throughout eternity - that dimension of timelessness that is beyond our mortal comprehension. What will it be like? I honestly don't know, for certain. However,I have my own beliefs - shared with others, of course - that may be the subject of a future post.

One thing I do know is that it is only for those who have been born again by the grace of Almighty God, through faith in the Lord Jesus, an who are indwelt by God the Holy Spirit. Does that describe you? If not, then I urge you to consider the claim that Father God has on your life.

The well-known (to those of a certain age!) story of John’s boat illustrates this well.  John was a creative child.  One day, he found a piece of wood and, with his trusty pocket-knife (this was also before the days of suffocation by Health & Safety!), he started to whittle away at it until he eventually fashioned a lovely boat.  Every day, he would take it down to the local river, and he would watch with some pride as his boat sailed so beautifully in the water.  One day, however, the river was flowing so quickly that the boat was carried away before John could catch hold of it. John was very sad.  He reckoned that he would never see his beloved boat again.

Some weeks later, John’s mother took him with her to the nearby town.  They visited a number of shops as his mother made different purchases.  Then as they walked past the big toy-shop, John stopped.  There, in the window, was something that he immediately recognised.  It was his boat; the very boat on which he had lavished such care as he shaped it, and added the superstructure; the boat that he had last seen disappearing from view in the rapid flow of the river.  There was a price tag on the boat.  John reached into his pocket, and pulled out the cash that was there.  It was going to take every penny – but he did have just enough to pay for the boat.  He went into the shop, handed over his money, and walked out with the boat in his arms.  Looking down at it he said: “Ye’re twice mine. A wrocht ye, an’ a bocht ye!”  “You’re twice mine.  I made you, and I paid the price for you.”  What a claim John had to his boat! 

And that’s the claim that Almighty God has on each one of us.  “You’re twice mine”, He says. “I created you and, when you were lost in sin, I paid the price for you – I redeemed you!”

May your response be "Here I am; take me; use me; to Your glory."


No comments: