Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

29 Oct 2023

Fifth Sunday - "Foundations of the Faith"

Yes, it's another "five Sunday month" and so, as previously intimated, I am not publishing a post in either English or French, but promoting one of my books - in this case "Foundations of the Faith".

This is the second of my series on "... the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 1:3). The book is written, as are the others in the series, in language that doesn't require a degree in theology to understand. I was privileged, as a much younger man, to sit under the ministry of the Rev George B. Duncan, and the teaching of Rev Prof William Barclay - in my opinion, two of the best communicators of the last century. Whether in my preaching, or in my writing, I have sought to emulate these two men, so that "ordinary" people can understand what I am sharing. I know that I have books on my own bookshelves that I dare not read without my dictionary sitting beside me! That should not be necessary when you read this book (or any of the others!).

The book is based on what is referred to as "The Apostles' Creed". This is not claiming that it was the apostles who produced the creed, but simply that it reflects what they taught.

One of those who endorsed the book writes:

"Following up his “Great Words of the Faith”, this is a timely piece of very accessible writing from a respected and experienced writer, teacher and preacher. In an age when it would seem that the Christian message has lost its focus, with the various contrary ‘noises’ around us, Brian has taken us right back to the basics through a detailed analysis of the Apostles’ Creed. After an explanation of the importance of a clear understanding of the gospel message, the reason for our faith, he takes us through the detail of the Apostles’ Creed. It is a ready reckoner of the great truths of the Christian gospel that have stood the test of time. It is accessible, scholarly, personal and full of scripture reference. The difficult issues are not skirted but the fundamental truth of the Godhead is allowed to shine through. With the apostle, we should be able to say, “I know Whom I have believed”. This book will undoubtedly help in assuring that assertion of faith. I heartily recommend it to you." 
Dr. Ken Cunningham, CBE, FRSA 
General Secretary, School Leaders, Scotland 
Former Principal, and Head Teacher, Hillhead Learning Community

I would encourage you to purchase the book - in either paperback, or Kindle e-book, format. If you do, please leave an online review. For self-publishing authors like me, these are invaluable. You might also, if you believe that it would help others in their understanding of the Christian Faith, tell them about it, or have your review published in your church magazine (if such exists!). 

Permit me, too, to emphasise that, as with my blogs, I receive no financial, or other, benefit from purchases of my books. All royalties are sent, by Amazon, directly to the Bank Account of Release International, in support of the Persecuted Church.

No comments: