Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

21 Aug 2020

Spare the rod; spoil the child!

Being able to share the "offending" comment that resulted in my current ban on Facebook (although I am seriously considering leaving that platform because of the, imo, unnecessary changes that are being forced upon us!) has raised an unexpected issue! A private message from someone who had read the comment, stated that it was "unBiblical" to "wish harm on others"!

In my defence, I would point out (as I have done two posts ago) that my "offensive" "hate speech" comment was nothing of the sort. Here it is again: "Why does the IDF [the Israeli Defence Force] not shoot at the balloons before they cross into Israel proper? That way, they would fall on the perps [i.e. perpetrators] - and maybe cause them a few well-deserved burns!"

Now, as stated before, please note that I did not suggest that anyone be killed, or even badly injured. I did not suggest that the IDF shoot at the terrorists - merely the balloons. I did not seek to incite others to take any action whatsoever. I did not even suggest that the perps be burned! That word "maybe", that I have highlighted, is very important. I wasn't even wishing that such a thing would happen - but suggesting that, if it did, it would be deserved!

I wonder if the person who accused me of being unBiblical is a parent. I wonder if that person is aware of what God's Word says in Proverbs 13:24 - "He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him." This is not suggesting that a parent should physically abuse his/her children. It is advocating firm discipline. But that may be, temporarily, physically painful! I know that it was for me as a child; and I know that it was for my own children. Of course, it was only done when deserved!

Or what about the Lord Jesus, Himself? John records "The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple He found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers at their business. And making a whip of cords, He drove them all, with the sheep and oxen, out of the temple; and He poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And He told those who sold the pigeons, "Take these things away; you shall not make My Father's house a house of trade." (John 2:13-16). He made "... a whip of cords,". Now, if that whip had been used only on the animals, that might be excused. But look again at the words - "He drove them all, with the sheep and oxen,". Who, do you think, is included in "them all"? May I suggest that it refers to the sellers - human beings. Yet the incarnate God, the Son inflicted such physical punishment upon them! Did He not think that they deserved their punishment? Perhaps my critic would wish also to criticise Him?! Somehow, I think not!

So what is the basic message of this post? I am trying to say that we should be careful before we criticise. We need to be certain that our criticism does not, itself, go against the teaching of the Word. None of us is infallible. We make mistakes. We get it wrong. We criticise where no criticism is warranted. This may be okay for the 'moderators' of Facebook (at least one of whom, it was recently announced, is a 'hardline Muslim!), but not, I would contend, for those of us who bear the Name of the Lord Jesus, the Christ. 

All of that aside, may I encourage you to make this page one of your "favourites" so that, if I do decide to leave Facebook, you may still keep up with the messages that I publish here, and that I always endeavour to make faithful to the Word.

Blessings, and shalom. 

No comments: