Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

1 Jan 2017

Why blog?

If my calculations are correct, this is the beginning of my tenth year of blogging (I'm not counting the couple of posts at the end of 2007!). I didn't give any thought as to the length of time for which I would maintain my blog. I suppose that it's a bit like my marriage! On my wedding day, I did not ask myself if the young woman to whom I was being married, and I, would still be together more than 46 years later - and with no intention of changing that situation! But we are!!

When I started my blog, I did so with the idea that it would be an additional area of ministry. However, even then I suspected that I would stray into other areas!  That is why the heading states that the blog is:
"The personal musings, and other writings, of a Ross who has maintained the Clan's ecclesiastical link! This is an unashamedly Christian ministry blog. Many of the posts are comments on current affairs, from a Biblical perspective, but I also include some straightforward Christian teaching; poems and songs that I have written; quotable quotes; and information on the persecuted church. Some of my posts stray into politics, and science!" 

My friend, David Robertson - who has been quoted on this blog on more than one occasion - recently wrote on his own blog (www.theweeflea.com): "The Lord has given us minds to think and to try and work out, in the light of His Word, where we are at and what is happening. That is all I am trying to do. In effect this blog is my thinking out loud, and trying to read the world, in the light of God’s word. In that I believe I am fulfilling not only the Creation mandate but also that of Paul in Romans 12: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will.”"

That, I would claim, is the rationale behind my own blog. It is personal; it has, on occasion, been controversial; it even cost me my Police Force Chaplaincy. However, I trust that it has never been offensive, and that, sometimes, it might even be helpful. I welcome comments and, when I was able to do so, published all apart from the abusive, crude, or blasphemous ones. I am always contactable through the e-mail address provided at the top of the page.

I do try to publish regularly, but only if I have something to say! It may be going too far to say that I am always inspired (sometimes I have spent a number of hours on just one post!), but I am always sincere in what I share. I know that the blog is read by a fair number of people, and would love to have it read by even more. However, one of my fundamental beliefs is that Almighty God is Sovereign. That means that nothing can, or will, happen outwith His knowledge and permission. So I am content that He will lead, to my blog, anyone He wishes to have read a particular post!

If you are one of those who has been following this blog for a long time, then I thank you for your support - whether, or not, you have joined the 'select' group which is displayed in the right-hand-side! Of course, it would be encouraging if many more were to join with that group!! If you are new to the blog, then I welcome you, and trust that you will become a regular reader. If you do, you will be joining with folk from more than a dozen countries around the world (see the bottom of the right-hand-side for details). 

Please feel free to advertiser the blog to your own friends. The greater the number of "hits", the higher is the Google ranking - and that means (I think!) that when someone instigates a Google search on one of the labels on a post, my blog moves towards the earliest sites that are suggested! 

Let me end with those well-known words of Minnie Louise Haskins:

And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: "Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."
And he replied: "Go out into the darkness and put your hand in the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way."
So I went forth, and finding the Hand of God, trod gladly into the night. And He led me towards the hills and the breaking of day in the lone East."

May you know His leading throughout the coming year - and until your time on this earth is done. Blessings, and shalom.

No comments: