Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

6 Jun 2013

Looking up.

It's good to sit down in front of my computer screen!  I have been out, this evening, delivering material from Scotland for Marriage to another one hundred plus homes.  Including the walk to where I started (the point at which I had finished on Tuesday evening, when I delivered to about 180 homes!), and the walk back, that took me a little over an hour - about four miles of walking.  Thus my delight at being able to 'take the weight off my feet'.

As I've been walking around so much, I have been impressed by some of the front gardens that I have seen.  Some are genuine works of art, and are obviously the result of much planning - and not a little effort!  This evening, however, my favourite garden was the one that had a number of flower pots along the side of the path with, in each, a pithy saying.  The one that immediately struck a chord with me was the one that read "When things look down, look up"!

I have no idea whether, or not, the occupant(s) of that home is(are) in any way religious.  But I like that sentiment expressed below the front window.  When things look down - when things aren't going the way I expected, or hoped, or believed; when all I seem to receive is bad news; when there appears to be sign of the end of the tunnel; when things look down, look up!  For the disciple of Jesus, that certainly indicates that activity in which each and all may participate - prayer.  There is another well-known saying: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."   Maybe so.  However, when the going gets tough, the disciple of Jesus gets praying (or ought not that to be  "praying even more"?!).

As I have mentioned in most of the recent posts, the result of the vote in the British House of Lords, on Tuesday evening, on the Marriage (same sex couples) Bill, was a source of great disappointment to those of us who support traditional marriage, as between male and female.  I suspect that many were crestfallen - they were looking down.  The antidote to the depression that such an attitude can, all too easily, engender is to look up - to uphold Lord Dear and the other peers who opposed the Bill on Tuesday as, during the Committee Stage into which it has now passed, they seek to point out its potential pitfalls to those who are not yet ready to oppose it, but who wish to look at it more carefully.

Much of the popular media, as well as organisations such as Stonewall, are giving the impression that all is done and dusted.  Permit me to emphasise (yet again!) - THIS IS NOT THE CASE!  As I was delivering this evening, I was listening to some music on my 'phone (as one does!).  I have it set at "shuffle" and one of the tracks was a Christmas one from Larry Ford, family, and friends.  In one song, entitled "Strange way to save the world" is the repeated line "Now I'm not one to second-guess what angels have to say".  It is equally pointless to try to second-guess what Father God is going to do.  What I do know is that He calls all who claim to be His to be faithful - not successful (that's His responsibility), but faithful.  So let's keep on delivering cards and leaflets; let's keep on encouraging the folk in the Coalition for Marriage, and Scotland for Marriage; and let's keep on looking up - "... looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." (Heb 12:2).

No comments: