Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

23 May 2012

Communication is free!

According to an item in today's newspapers, the film star Brad Pitt - or, at least, the Canadian film distribution company, Alliance - is charging journalists at the Cannes Film Festival £2,000 for a twenty-minute interview about his latest film!  The same price is being asked for interviews with Kristen Stewart, about her latest film.  Interviews with other "stars" may be arranged for a bargain £1,200 - and I must confess that I would far rather pay that sum for twenty minutes with the delightful Nicole Kidman, than 66% more for the same time with Mr Pitt!  Of course, I am a man!!  By the way, if anyone wishes to interview me (!!), I'll be happy with a voluntary donation!

So why would anyone wish to pay for the privilege of providing these "stars" with the very publicity that they seem to crave, and without which most of their effort would go unrewarded?  I suppose that it's partly to do with the "celebrity culture" in which we, in the so-called 'developed' world live.  Yet I've just been viewing some photographs, posted on Facebook by a former pupil who is currently involved in voluntary work in Malawi - bringing contraceptive and other health advice to people who probably don't even know where Cannes is - and may never have heard of Brad Pitt!  I reckon that she is much more worthy of £2,000 for an interview about the work that she is doing!

Of course, as a disciple of Jesus, I speak with Him every day.  Now that's speaking with a Celebrity!  In spite of what some may think, and claim, He is much better known than even Brad Pitt (or Nicole Kidman!).  It was the late John Lennon, of The Beatles, who (in?)famously said, in 1966, "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first-rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."  However, while even the name of John Lennon is barely known to those who are currently under 40 years of age, Jesus marches on!

My daily conversation with the Lord has another great benefit.  He doesn't charge me £2,000 (or even £1,200!).  In fact, the heart of the Christian Gospel, or Good News, is that He has already paid the price.  Before He came to this earth, there was a great veil, or curtain, separating the Most Holy Place in the Jewish Tabernacle and, later, Temple from the Holy Place.  This was the barrier that came between sinful mankind, and the Holy God.  But when Jesus, on the cross, gave that mighty shout "Tetelesthai" (Finished), that curtain was torn in two, from top to bottom.  It was as if Father God had reached down from the eternal heaven, and ripped it apart.  And the result?  The way was now clear for you, and for me, to enter His presence; "... to enter the sanctuary by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way which He opened for us through the curtain, that is, through His flesh, ..." (Heb 10:19-20; RSV).

A third benefit is that my conversation is not confined to any one subject.  I can bring everything, however important or trivial, to Him.  He is interested in every moment, and every matter, in my life.  He has a perfect plan for me, and longs to share it with me.  And He is always available to me.  He hears my every word.  He knows my every thought.

The great privilege of speaking with the Creator, and Redeemed, of mankind is totally free.  "Eat your heart out, Brad!"



No comments: