Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

7 Dec 2013

Of cars!

On our way back from neighbouring Wishaw, late this afternoon, my wife had to visit a couple of shops.  My presence not being required, I sat outside, in the car, and listened to some good music emanating from the ICE equipment (how many understand the acronym?).

After the first stop, as I indicated that I was pulling out on to the main road, I realised that the power-steering was not operating, and that the battery icon was showing on the dashboard display.  I drove round a corner for my wife's next stop, and had a look at the battery connections.  All appeared to be well.  I nursed the car back home as, one by one, additional icons lit up, and various functions ceased to operate!   Having 'home-start' cover on my breakdown plan, I then 'phoned for assistance.  When the young gentleman arrived, he quickly informed me that the alternator had packed in!

The annoying thing about that news is the fact that it was replaced, in France, in July - at what was, to me (and my local mechanic) an exorbitant cost.  The car is only five years old, with a mere 51,000 miles on the clock, so I am more than a little peeved.  The alternator will have to be replaced - I need the car - but the question then is: do I keep paying out from a limited cash supply, or do I replace?  I try to be a good steward of my finances, and would want to make a wise decision, and one that would be honouring to God.

Of course, any financial decision can be tough.  Billy Graham is recorded as having said "If a person gets his/her attitude toward money straight, it will help to straighten out almost every other area in life."!  In doing some clearing out, this evening, I came across some ideas worth considering when faced with decisions regarding money:

Check to ensure that you are following God's priorities.  Are you giving to Him, and to others? (I Cor.16:2).  Are you taking care of family needs? (I Tim.5:8).  Are you taking care that money doesn't control your life? (Lk,16:13).

Research the situation. Consider all of the options, and the pros and cons of each one.

Ask God for wisdom.  Pray, pray, and then pray some more.  He will direct you as you submit to His will in your life. (Prov.2:6).

Trust God, and make the decision.  I recall,many years ago, a friend who had not long been converted speaking with me.  In the conversation regarding a potential initiative by the fellowship with which he had become involved, he informed me that the Lord had spoken to him.  "He told me," he went on," that it was time to stop praying, and start obeying."!  Often, we must use the wisdom and knowledge that we have gained - and commit our decision to Him.

Whether, or not, the decision is a financial one, obedience to God nurtures a growing 'love-and-trust' relationship with Him.  Each decision may be seen as an opportunity to draw closer to Him.

Got a decision to make?  Don't forget to allow the Lord to be a major part of your decision-making process!

No comments: