Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

2 Mar 2013

Publicity!

Someone once said that there is no such thing as "bad publicity"!  I can only comment that yesterday's publicity re my (former!) Police Chaplaincy led to over 200 hits on this blog - a substantial increase on the previous highest daily record.

I have also had a higher than usual number of comments - thankfully, all supportive - and have had a number of folk contact me through my AllExperts page with, again, supportive comments and/or serious questions.  This is over and above those who were able to contact me via e-mail.  I am genuinely appreciative of each, and all.

Since the whole issue of my position within Strathclyde Police was triggered by the views that I had expressed, on this personal blog, on marriage - and my obvious support for that God-ordained institution - some may wish to check out what I published.  There is a little 'box' at the top left-hand-side of the blog, with the Blogspot logo to the right, and a magnifying glass icon to the right.  Typing 'marriage' into that box, and clicking on the magnifying glass, should bring up everything that I have posted on the subject!

However, while I am so very grateful for all of the support given by so many, it was when I went on to the blog, earlier today, that I wept with emotion.  For many months I have had a 'widget' that provides a 'Verse of the Day'.  As I looked at today's randomly (??!!) chosen words, I could scarcely believe my own eyes!  For the sake of any who reads this after midnight (when the verse will change), it was: “But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed His steps; I have kept to His way without turning aside.” -Job 23:10-11

Now, please don't get me wrong.  I am not for one split second classing anything that I have ever gone through in the same league as that dear Old Testament saint of God.  But what a wonderful word of what I am being bold enough to refer to as "Divine encouragement"!

It was on Wednesday evening, at the mid-week fellowship meeting, and before I was even aware that I was going to be a newsworthy item, that we sung those lovely words, written nearly three centuries ago by Joseph Hart :
How good is the God we adore; Our faithful, unchangeable Friend.  
Whose love is as great as His power; and knows neither measure nor end! 
 'Tis Jesus, the First and the Last; Whose Spirit will guide us safe home.  
We'll praise Him for all that is past, and trust Him for all that's to come!

He is, indeed, a good and faithful God - as my brothers and sisters in the truly persecuted church will gladly affirm.  I commend Him to all who are going through troubled times - and who are willing to confess to their own sinfulness, and accept His wonderful offer of salvation, full and free!

To Him be all of the praise, and all of the glory.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is with you. Many friends too are with you,old and new.Prayers too.

CrazyRev said...

Thank you. It's good to be a member of the wonderful Family of God.

amaqula said...

Surely all Christian police officers should demand you get your job back. The anti-Christs must not be allowed to win!

Christians should stop lying down and remaining mute.

Jenivix said...

My prayers are with you - many if not all of us who are vocal about our beliefs suffer this treatment increasingly.

I know we will be vindicated, I hope the day is soon.

CrazyRev said...

@ Vixi Thank you for your support and encouragement. May you, too, know His strength in your own situation.