Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

8 Sept 2010

Personal Update!

A telephone-call today, made by an English speaking friend here in L'Isle, has helped to clarify the situation with regard to the repair of my car!  It would appear that the authorisation that I was told had been received was for no more than to examine the car!!!  They have now done so, and were awaiting someone from Opel to come to inspect it.  The person failed to arrive!  They have now sent photographs of the 'damage' and are awaiting a reply.

I have instructed them to start the work regardless (as I told them ages ago!), but they want a signed declaration that, if Opel say that the work is not covered by the Warranty, then I will pay.   They are faxing something to my friend this afternoon.  They also want a deposit - refundable if Opel meet the charges - as, understandably, they wouldn't even have a car to sell if I walked away from the situation! (Not a great demand for RHD cars in this neck of the woods!).  I don't think that they fully realise how much I am not going to walk away.  I only want to drive away - and then drive home!

They have also told us that it will be at least a full week's work, so the earliest I will be home is now Sat.18th.!!

My younger daughter finds the situation almost unbelievable - and I can fully understand (as can her mum and elder sister!).  She wanted to know how I am managing to cope.  I suppose that the answer to that is on different levels.  There are, quite naturally, times when I shed a wee tear.  If I didn't, I would have to question the reality of the love that I constantly express for each of them.  At that level, the answer is sometimes: "With difficulty"!

However, I am also keeping myself fairly busy, mostly with work on my book project on Getting to know you - Great Words of the Christian Faith - an obvious contender for the Booker Prize next year!!!!  It's amazing how much research one can do, in our modern technological society, even without access to a Library (or at least a Library with the material for which I would be looking!).

The deepest level, of course, is best described by the Psalmist: "YHWH is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." (Ps 28:7; NIV) 

I am also helped by remembering that I am here in relative comfort.  The caravan is a modern one, with all of the required conveniences; I have clothing; I have sufficient funds to ensure that I won't go hungry; I have some new friends who are proving to be so in very practical ways; having access to the internet, means that I am able to speak with my loved ones via Skype; I have CDs, and MP3 files to allow me to sing; I have health and strength; I have the freedom to continue to read God's Word, and to pray.  Comparing this with the lot of so many - particularly those who, in N.Korea, parts of China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, northern Nigeria, parts of India, Somalia, Iran, Iraq, and so many other countries, suffer great privation, false imprisonment, torture, and even death for the sake of the Lord Jesus - I am sooooo well off.  That is why I can still praise Him.  I also remember that, from His vantage point in eternity, He saw all of this before I was even born, in time. He is the One Who knows the end from the beginning, and He knows exactly how all of this will pan out! 

So, I take comfort.  As the old saying has it: "I don't know what the future holds; but I know the One Who holds the future."  With that sort of hope in my heart, I reckon that I'll manage to cope!

No comments: