Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

25 Sept 2010

Home, at last!

Yes, late last night I finally arrived home!  Louez le Seigneur (PTL).  It's been a long break - especially the last (almost) seven weeks without my wife!

A goodly number of folks sent e-mails, and Facebook messages, commenting on how glad they were that I was 'en route', and these have been very much appreciated, as have those from folk who have discovered - by one means or another - that I am now home.

The last couple of days were very busy.  After having received, on Tuesday, an e-mail from the garage, informing me that the car was ready, I had to be taken to Audincourt to collect it.  Then I discovered that, although Opel (Vauxhall) had  eventually accepted responsibility, and that the main repairs had been attended to under warranty, I was expected to pay for 'incidentals' such as oil, hydraulic fluid, and anti-freeze!   I was not happy about that but, as even my improved French wasn't (isn't!) good enough for a dispute on such matters, I had no choice but to pay up!

The journey to Dunkerque commenced on Wednesday morning, with a stop-over in Thionville that night.  I arrived at Dunkerque on Thursday evening and, although my amended ferry booking was for 6.00 p.m. yesterday, I manged to persuade the staff at Norfolk Lines to allow me to board for the 8.00 a.m. sailing!  :-)  This meant that, with a fairly straightforward drive home, I was able to sleep in my own bed last night!

One friend has already expressed his interest in learning what I believe the Lord has been saying to me through the experience of these past weeks!  I have had to inform him that I have been asking that same question - but that I have not, as yet received an answer (at least, not one that I have manged to recognise!).  The only thing of which I am certain is that, although my wife and I were 'caught out' in those events, the Lord was not!  I still believe, passionately, in the sovereignty of Almighty God - that He is, ultimately, in control of all things.  I still recognise that my inconveniences were as nothing compared to those Chilean miners, to whom I made reference some time ago.  I am fully aware that they pale into total insignificance beside the suffering experienced by disciples of Jesus in so many countries around the world today.

One other thought!  It's good to be home!  But the real home of the human being is in a living relationship with Father God.  That can only be achieved by placing our trust, unreservedly, in God the Son - the Lord Jesus Christ.  Anyone who wishes to know more need only leave a comment to that effect - with details of a way to make contact - and I'll be very happy to offer whatever assistance I can.  Such a comment, of course, would not be published! 

And for that coming home, we are assured, "... there is joy before the angels of God ..." (Luke 15:7; RSV).

2 comments:

CWF said...

*likes*

Just realised that there isnt a "like" button on this as there is on facebook, but I liked that :-)

CannuckCol said...

Glad you're home and home SAFE