Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

25 Jan 2009

The Uncomfortable Definition of an Infidel

This is a copy of an e-mail that I have received. I have not rushed to publish it on this blog, but have eventually decided to do so on the grounds that, even if it is, in fact, apocryphal, it is also, in my opinion, a statement of truth.

"The Muslim religion is, by far, the fastest growing religion in the UK. Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Church of Rome, the Reformed faiths, and Islam, each of whom explained their beliefs. I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video. After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.
When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad
[holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, which is a command to all Muslims, they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'
There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'
I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Islam have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your religion so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'
The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of 'a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'
Sheepishly, he replied, 'Yes.'
I then stated, 'Well, I have a real problem trying to imagine PopeBenedict commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr.Stanley [a well-known evangelical Bible teacher] ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'
The Imam was speechless!
I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah [the Arabic word for "one god"], who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'
You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam remained speechless. Needless to say, the organizers and promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with this way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.
Within twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.K. to elect a government of their choice, complete with sharia law. I think everyone in the U.K. should be required to read this, but with the liberal justice system, liberal media and the political correctness/madness, there is no way this will be widely publicised.
Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts.
John Harrison MBE. MIDSc"

13 comments:

Crivens! said...

you say you havent checked this email but that despite that it contains the truth.

According to snopes its a crock.

The very fact you are willing to post lies indicates to me you dont care too much for the truth, all you care about is spreading hatred, lies, and mistruths.
Surely if you care so much about the Islamic threat you could find some negative facts to post, facts that are verifiable/
If you cant find verifiable facts it would indicate you are just another hate spreading mongrel.

CrazyRev said...

I did not say that the main content of the e-mail was untrue - I merely suggested that the situation that is recorded may be apocryphal. Having taught Islam for many years, I would respectfully suggest that I do know a little about the subject. The only item in the e-mail that I could not verify is the forecast of the Islamic population of the uk. However, given both the level of immigration and the higher birthrate among the Islamic community, it does have some credibility. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the Qu'ran handy (0104hrs GMT), but there is nothing in the e-mail that is not in that book. Perhaps, with your desire for verifiable material, you would be so kind as to direct me to any particular Sura that contradicts the claims made!!
To paraphrase your own words: "If you can't verify your facts, it would indicate that you are just another 'mongrel in denial'" If I was the sort of person that you seem to think I am, I wouldn't even publish your aggressive comment!!

Anonymous said...

"According to snopes its a crock."

Couldn't find it in Snopes!

Anonymous said...

this guys on the BNP membership list.

Think THAT says it all.

Wonder what the BNP think of the synod of the CoE banning clergy from being members.

Maybe the BNP creed is unchristian

CrazyRev said...

This may be so - although at least, like myself (not a member of the BNP!) he does not hide behind the label of "Anonymous"!!

I did a Google search on him and discovered this at the end of an article in a professional publication:


John Harrison, MBE. MIDSc. 2006 saw John's 50th year in the health service having worked in military and civilian hospitals around the world. He has been heavily involved with training and became a member of the Institute of Training and Development as well as continuing as a full time sterile services manager, currently at The North Hampshire Hospitals NHS Trust. John was the Director of Education for the Institute of Decontamination Sciences from April 2005 to May 2007. He has also worked as the Internal Verifier for the Vocational Qualifications since returning from Saudi Arabia in 2000. (www.idsc-uk.co.uk/downloads/Nov07-Jan08.pdf)

That makes him look like a reasonably well-balanced man and, as I stated to another "commenter", the factual truth of what he has written - whether or not the incident actually happened, cannot be denied.

Thank you for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Brian - the story is untrue and is cited as an old US rumour on Snopes here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/allah.asp

I have checked it out and contacted John Harrison, who is a real person, had nothing to do with the contents and was very annoyed about it. He is also not a member of the BNP.

The apocryphal content is also untrue - nowhere in the Qu'ran does it say that it is the duty of any muslim to kill anyone. It is a deliberate misreading of the Koran to portray islam in a bad light.

You might as well say that Christians are told by the bible to murder people because it says:

"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death." (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

CrazyRev said...

Hi Snopes

Is it really your website - or are you merely "plagiarising" the name??!

Anyway, thank you for your comment - and fpor making it so politely (not everyone does!!). Although I have read the whole of the Bible on a number of occasions, I have not read the whole of the Qur'an. However, in Surah 47, ayah 4, I do read "When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly." This, alone, it would seem to me, would be sufficient warrant for some to act in the way that has been so often reported (and filmed) of beheading captives since, in the eyes of such, they are fighting a physical jihad.

I recognise what you say about passages such as that quoted by you. However, although Christians accept that the scriptures of the Old Testament contain valuable lessons for the Christian and, of course, that it is the revealed Word of God, such passages must also be read in context. At that early stage in the history of the Children of Israel, this would have been a strong warning that the law of YHWH was to be taken very seriously indeed. Off the top of my head, I am unaware of any record of anyone having suffered that fate for that reason - deterrents seemed to have been more effecrtive in those days! Of course, for the Christian, the Lord Jesus is the fulfilment of the Law. he did not abolish it, but placed it in a new context and setting. Thus, He could inform the Pharisees that "the sabbath is made for man, not man for the sabbath".

This is a big subject - too big for me to deal with just now, and probably not one to place in a post on the blog. However, I will publish your own comment and this brief response. Those who read will arrive at their own conclusions.

Shim said...

In your first response to a comment you said:

"Having taught Islam for many years, I would respectfully suggest that I do know a little about the subject."

Yet in your last response you state:

"I have not read the whole of the Qur'an."

Please can you explain to me and your readers how you can teach a subject for years but have never completely read the book the subject is based on?

Secondly, you quote the following verse of the Quran:

However, in Surah 47, ayah 4, I do read "When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly."

Any small Muslim child could put this verse into context for you.

It is one of the "sword" verses and if you read the ayats above it you will clearly see that it refers to ONE battle in the history of Islam, during the life of the Prophet Mohammed. This Surah also states that if the enemy wish peace you should make peace, hoever if the enemy continue to attack the Muslims then .... read the verse again.

It is not a message to all Muslims for all times and Muslims are fully aware of this.

As A self proclaimed "teacher" of Islam I am very surprised and saddened to hear that you are not.

I will be interested to see if my comments are published.

CrazyRev said...

Hello Shim,
may I resepectfully point out that I did not claim to be "a teacher of Islam" which, to me, would make me - at the very least - an Imam; but that I have taught Islam for many years. I have also had a fair number of Muslim pupils, from devout Muslim families, in my classes and have always done them the courtesy of checking my statements with them. To date, I have not been contradicted either at the time or after they have had time to check at home.
I wouls suggest that the original e-mail - which I freely claimed not to be my own work - endorses, if not your particular interpretation of the relevant part of the Qu'ran, then the interpretation that is placed upon it by othjers who wish to use it to justify their terrorist activities.
I commend the other posts on my blog to you - they are mostly my own thoughts,and may point you to the Saviour - Isa Who, to me, is the incarnation of the Creator, and the only One through Whom any of us may know eternal life.

Shim said...

Hi Brian

Thank you for posting my comment and your reply.

However, you didn't answer my question .. I asked:

Please can you explain to me and your readers how you can teach a subject for years but have never completely read the book the subject is based on?

Would you not be rather suprised and perhaps a little offended if I claimed to have taught the bible for many years but admitted I had never completely read it, let alone studied it or it's meaning?

You also state in your first comment response "The only item in the e-mail that I could not verify" and yet the snopes page clearly shows that nothing in the email can be verified.

I will accept that Muslim terrorists do use the sword verses to justify their actions but I am also aware that over a billion Muslims do not hold the same interpretation. Could I not also take verses of the Bible and use them to justify acts of violence if I was so inclined?

Unknown said...

Jews may or may not have killed others for working on the Sabbath, but there are numerous examples of intollerance and bloodshed in the Bible.
'Then they devoted to destruction by the edge of the sword all in the city, both men and women, young and old,' Josh 6:21
'you shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king...' Josh 8:2

Yes Brian, you are right to say that the Bible is open to interpretation, it was written in another time; equally Muslims will read what they want into the Qur'an in various ways, some for better, some for worse.
But let us not forget that George Bush declared a 'Crusade' against the 'Axis of Evil' because God told him to?!?!?!
So, let me ask you a question, would you rather have Bush's Christian God who tells you to kill, or Allah who tells you to love?

by the way, the National Statistics for the 2001 census showed that the Muslim population was a staggering 2.8%, I think this post is merely right wing scaremongering, and no, I am not a Muslim, I am a Theology student with an open mind.

Brian Johnson said...

Brian,

you may be interested in this website I came across yesterday:

http://www.islam4uk.com

Anonymous said...

I don't care if its 100% accurate, but I know most a high percentage of people I know agree with the gist of it. And if you choose to live in what to you is a foreign country then you should expect to adhere to the rules in force in that Country.