Important Information.

STOP PRESS: The third book in my series - "Defending the Faith" - is now available, as a paperback, at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1791394388
Please note that ALL royalties, on all three books, now go directly to Release International in support of the persecuted church. E-book now also available at
https://tinyurl.com/y2ffqlur

My second book - Foundations of the Faith - is available as a Kindle e-book at https://tinyurl.com/y243fhgf
Paperback available at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/151731206X

The first volume - Great Words of the Faith - is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EG6TJW
Paperback available at:
https://tinyurl.com/y42ptl3k

If you haven't got a Kindle, there is a FREE app at
https://tinyurl.com/35y5yed

ALL royalties now go to support the persecuted church.

I may be contacted, personally, at author@minister.com




For those who are bi-lingual, I now have a second blog, in the French language, that publishes twice-monthly. Go to: https://crazyrevfr.blogspot.com/

15 Nov 2008

Graduation!!

Yes, today was the day! A fairly early start (well, for a Saturday!) took Joyce, Fiona, and me to the Jordanhill Campus of the University of Strathclyde for the Graduation Ceremony at which I had the degree of M.Sc. formally conferred upon me, and received my parchment (diploma).

As with all such events, it was filled with pomp, colour, and symbolism, and was enjoyed by all who were involved. The Dean of the Faculty of Education, Professor Jill Bourne, called out each name, and there was a round of applause from a packed Francis Tombs Hall. As I was “capped” by the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Principal Professor Andrew Hamnett, he congratulated me on my achievement – and did so with a big smile on his face (as he did for everyone else, of course!). I then walked a little further across the stage in order to have my academic hood placed in position by the bedellus – an officer of the university who carries the mace on such ceremonial occasions, and who attends to other duties such as the administration of examination venues. I had been appropriately rewarded for my academic endeavours.

Then my mind began to wander a little! I looked forward to another great gathering when, in the sight of angels, and archangels, and all the host of heaven, I will step forward to receive, not an academic hood, but a crown of glory (I Pet.5:4). I will receive, not “Congratulations” from a University Principal and Vice-Chancellor, but “Well done, good and faithful servant” from the King of kings, and Lord of lords. He will be resplendent, not in a magnificent gown with golden-threaded embroidery, but will be, as John saw Him, “… dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash round His chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.” (Rev 1:13-16, NIV).

Not everyone has the academic interest to work towards a university degree; but the offer of full salvation is made to all. We don’t have to earn it, work for it, study for it, or buy it. When Jesus shouted out the word “Tetelesthai” (Jn.19:30; = Finished), He meant exactly that. He has accomplished all that is required. Our part is to accept that; to allow Him to turn our lives around; and to follow Him, wherever He may lead.

You may never be congratulated for having earned a degree; but, by the grace of God, you may hear that same “Well done, good and faithful servant”!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what are the letters after you name now? Is is B.D. B.Th. Dip.Ed. M.Sc.? Have I aded or omitted any? And WHAT are you going for next? After all I'm sure wee Fi will be glad to wheel you onto the platform in your wheelchair or even guide you with your walker should you ever succumb to that; but least you'll know that if the body aint workin' the brain is.